Please download this latest update to fix a couple of problems with sticky fields and improperly suggested Tapping%
Advanced Feed And Speed Calculator for CNC Programmers and Machinists.
This release is a major step forward.
We are starting to wander away from just Speeds and Feeds calculator part of the project.
All reported and known bugs have been fixed.
- Threads page: You can now get thread cutting and tapping data for most popular threads in north America (UNC/UNF/ISO).
The list of supported threads and features will grow according to necessity and user feedback.
- Machine Profiles now have 2 new buttons: Clone and Import.
Clone button simply copies selected machine definition with a different name.
Import button is needed to be able to update/add machine definitions from default machine list. As users modify and customize their Machine List, thay are now able to add machine definitions hassle-free from default_machines.xml file that is supplied with every update.
Sticky Ball nose check box
- Max HP improperly rounded
Thanks to Greg Jackson and Matt Doeppers from Tormach i was able to create Horse Power/RPM curves for Tormach PCNC770 and PCNC1100 models (if you install over previous version, you can use import function to add those machines to the list)
New things: None.
Well not really.
First of all alot of small bugs has been fixed.
Second of all i added a neat picture to Drilling operation.
It now shows what each drill specific field means
Also. Unfortunately all current license key holder will have to get new license keys.
If you currently have a license key, please e-mail me your new Computer-ID
And i will send you a new license key.
If you are installing over previous version of HSMAdvisor, you are encouraged to perform complete uninstall of the old version.
Othervise what happens is old settings file is not compatible with the new one.
This will cause Default Tool Type, Tool material and Coating presets to get lost and you end up with a funny looking FSWizard page.
Correcting this is extremely easy:
You need to select some tool type (IE: End Mill), select some Tool Material (IE. HSS) and finally select some Coating (IE. NONE)
This will fix the problem.
Attached below is a screenshot of what it looks like when settings mismatch happens, not a pretty sight i agree, but there is no need to panic.
(Note to self: add version check for every file)
Things new in this version:
- Added Lead Angle/Taper Angle/Tip Angle switch that allows to specify the angle of the cutting edge.
- Added V-Bit engraving cutters.
- Added wood materials
- Stainless steels from Medium and Easy groups have been revised.
Tool library changes:
- Tools no longer carry any information about material or engagement- all that extra data is now saved with Cuts
- Fixed a small bug with copy/move function.
This is a minor bug fix release for version 0.019.
- Bug fixed where shank diameter bigger than tip dia causes very deep depth of cut.
This caused feedrate to reduce in order to prevent cutter breakage.
- Fixed/Improved the way Machine Profile is handled on tool/Cut load