Advanced Feed And Speed Calculator for CNC Programmers and Machinists.
What is new in this update:
- Improved Engraving and Chamfering speeds and feeds
- Improved Deflection calculation for High Feed Endmills
- Removed annoying "Ding" sound on ENTER key press
- Some minor bug fixes and cleanup.
I also released updated version of hooks for MasterCAM x9 and 2017
Here I made a quick video showcasing from start to end how to add the HSMAdvisor hook to MasterCAM 2017 ribbon:
What is new and improved in this update:
- Added Custom Speeds and Feeds Tables selection on the Speeds and Feeds page
You can now quickly apply custom settings to all tools in one click
- Materials that have custom Speeds and Feeds specified for them are now highlighted with green color in the drop-down
- Redesigned Custom Speeds and Feeds module.
It is now on a separate dialog and is accessible not only through Edit Tool Dialog, but also from Speeds and Feeds page by clicking on "Custom Tables" Edit button.
Dialog now uses Result "in/mm" setting for displaying default units.
- Fixed error on adding a Tool Library from Database Actions drop-down
- Improved layout drawing and resizing speed.
- Improved cut balancing for End Mills
As usual the latest update can be downloaded over here: http://hsmadvisor.com/?page=HSMAdvisor
Every time we add a tenth to HSMAdvisor version number our users know we are up to something completely new and exciting!
Please welcome HSMAdvisor 1.5
Now with International Language support!
I know this feature might not be as interesting to our English-speaking users, but I believe it is a major milestone in maturity of any application.
I have been semi-secretly working on this feature for the past year or so.
Let me just quickly show you how to switch between languages
- Download and install HSMAdvisor 1.5 as usual
- Launch HSMAdvisor and go to Settings->General
- Find button called "Select Language" and click on it
- Simply select an available language from the list and click OK
- You will be offered to shut down HSMAdvisor as you can not right now apply the new language mid-flight.
- When you launch HSMAdvisor again, the language of the User Interface will be of that you have previously selected
If you do not find your native language in the list, do not get upset!
You can easily create your own translation.The proper process for translating HSMAdvior to other languages is described here: http://hsmadvisor.com/?page=help&shell_id=241&article_id=4883_international-language-support
What is next
- In the coming months we will introduce tools for creating translations on the fly without the need to use a third-party tool.
- We will add ability for users to earn their free HSMAdvisor license by participating in translation program.
- And the main thing...
We will continue our hard work to stay the best software tool for CNC machinists!
By the way here are other changes that were introduced in this update:
- Fixed typos and improved the look of ToolTip messages
- Fixed 0 - WOC reset when changing tool type
New Goodies in HSMA v1.407!
- Hardness conversion Chart in Reference tab
- Improved CutCloud with ability to easily import selected tools and cuts into the local database.
As this feature is becoming more robust, I also started adding useful cutting data to the cloud.
Eventually, I believe, it will become another hugely useful resource for all HSMAdvisor users!